Registration for Tufts Students
Students matriculated in a Tufts degree program may enroll in a Summer Session courses for many reasons! For instance, to meet a requirement, to take a course not previously available, or to explore a new topic. Many of the courses offered during Tufts Summer can satisfy undergraduate distribution requirements while others offer an opportunity to enroll in graduate level courses to stay on track for degree completion.
Students may choose from more than 200 courses offered by the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Engineering, the School of the Museum of Fine arts, and the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
Summer courses are usually offered in the evening or online, allowing students to earn credit while holding an internship, working, or simply enjoying the summer. Courses are affordable tuition rates (some are discounted!) and on-campus housing.
Tufts also offers several Summer Abroad options offering an opportunity to explore your world while learning from and engaging with Tufts Professors.**
Whether on-campus, traveling, or in your hometown, you can always be at Tufts!
**While our Study Abroad options are limited this year, check back next year for many new opportunities! If you are a Senior, don’t worry, you do not have to be enrolled at Tufts to take our Summer Abroad courses!
How to Register
Tufts students register through SIS as they do in the Fall and Spring.
- Go to SIS
- Click on “Classes Tab”
- Click on “Summer Activation”
After registration, summer tuition and fees will be added to your student account. Click on payment policies for more information. Changes to your enrollment (drop, add, withdrawal) can be completed in SIS until 6:00pm on the day before each Session. Please see the academic calendar for more details on timing. Please note: all communications will be sent to your Tufts email address.
For registration information regarding Talloires programs, please use this link.
For all other Summer Abroad programs:
Due to the specific requirements of the Summer Abroad application, Tufts students must apply following the instructions below. To apply:
- Apply for Tufts University student credentials
- Set-up an application account by entering basic information at this link (or follow the “Apply/Register” links above)
- Emails will instruct you on how to create a username and password for your application
- Start an application for “Tufts Summer Session” - Start an application for "2018 Summer Study Abroad"
- Select “Summer Study Abroad” as your program - not needed or choose Cadiz, Spain: Spanish Language and Culture Program or Costa Rica: Tropical Ecology & Conservation
- The application will ask you to provide the following before submission:
- Academic history
Note: you may stop and re-open your application at any time. Use this link (or the “Apply/Register” links above) and the username and password you created above to re-open your application at any time