Summer Abroad Policies
Each program has its own eligibility requirements, please see the individual program for details. However, all students in all programs must meet the following requirements:
Summer Abroad is open to all students who meet the following criteria:
- Students must have completed one year of university studies.
- Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing. "Good standing" means you are not on Disciplinary Probation or on Academic Probation. For a further explanation of "good standing," please read the Tufts Student Handbook, found online via the Student Affairs website.
- Students are expected to have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a scale of 4.0).
- Can procure a visa for entry into the relevant country (if required).
- For the Tufts in Cadiz program, additional requirements may apply. Please review course eligibility here.
Applications and Payment
Students must apply by January 15 for Tufts in Cadiz and by May 1 for France. A deposit is due within 10 days of admission notification for Tufts in Cadiz, with full tuition to be paid by February 22 at the latest.. For France, payment is due within 10 days of the application, or by May 15 at the latest.
Students will not be considered ‘registered’ in the program until payment is received.
Passports & Visas
You must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after your return date. If you need to apply or renew, do so as soon as possible or at least eight weeks before departure. For information and forms, contact the main branch of your local post office or a Federal Passport Agency. Boston's Passport Agency can be reached at 617-565-6990. Unless you intend to stay in France or Spain for more than three months, you will not need a visa.
Citizens of other countries:
You will want to check with the consulate nearest you for visa requirements at least eight weeks before departure.
All other University policies apply. View other Tufts University study abroad policies.