Each summer, Tufts welcomes visiting undergraduate, graduate, professional and adult students from across the country and around the world. Summer enrollment at Tufts is a great way to earn university credits, to learn a new skill, or to get a head start on your next career.
Summer courses are usually offered in the evening or online allowing you to take classes for credit or personal or professional enrichment while enjoying and exploring the greater Boston area. We also offer housing in a residence hall on our Medford/Somerville campus.
Visiting students and adult learners may choose from more than 200 courses offered by the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Engineering, the School of the Museum of Fine arts, and the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy. Please note that enrolling in summer courses does not mean that students are admitted to a degree program at Tufts University.
Registration for International Students
The ability to study in the English language is a requirement. To confirm basic proficiency in written and spoken English, Tufts Summer Session requires that non-native/primary English speakers provide a recent score from a test of English as a second language.
|Paper-Based TOEFL||600 or above|
|250 or above|
|Internet-based TOEFL||90 or above|
|IELTS||6.5 or above|
|CET-4||550 or above|
|CET-6||520 or above|
|Intermediate English course||Transcript demonstrating B+ or higher in last 2 years|
|All-English High School or Middle School||Transcript demonstrating 1+ years|
The TOEFL or IELTS score will be waived if you have already graduated from a high school, college or university in the U.S.
Your visa requirements may be different depending on which summer program you are participating in, as well as your current US immigration situation, if applicable.
The Tufts International Center is responsible for assisting students on visa options and requirements. For more information about visa options for summer programs, go to https://global.tufts.edu/international-center/immigration-resources/summer-programs, or send an e-mail to ICenter.Summer@tufts.edu.
Step 2: Enroll in courses. Registration opens January 2.
Explore the Summer Course List before registration opens on January 2
- Add a course section to your Cart.
- A one-time, non-refundable $65 application fee will be applied to your Cart at point of check out.
- Check Out. Be sure you choose the correct credit type, since this may affect the tuition rate. Many of our courses are available for undergraduate credit, graduate credit, as well as for auditors and high schoolers.
- Create a Student Profile in our enrollment system to complete the checkout process
- You will create a username and password at this point that will give you access to your Student Portal on our enrollment system.
- Access to the enrollment system will allow you to easily enroll and pay for classes, drop classes, request refunds, and submit applications when needed.
- Complete your check out process by paying in full, a deposit, or requesting an invoice.
- Please visit the “How to Pay” page for instructions and information on paying for Summer Session classes.
If you need help, contact Tufts Student Services at 617-841-6247 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment (in full or deposit) for your summer tuition, residence hall, and other charges are due upon enrollment. You will receive notice of your charges via email and instructions on how to pay the balance if needed. You won't be guaranteed a spot in class until your tuition has been paid in full. If you do not pay your tuition by the first day of the term, you may be un-enrolled.
Please see here Billing & Payment for additional information