Billing & Payment Policies
Help with your Bill & Payment
For help understanding your Tufts bill, charges, and payment options, contact Tufts Student Services at 617.841.6247 or email@example.com.
Notification of Summer Charges
Billing at Tufts University is paperless and Tufts University's primary form of communication is email. Mailed paper invoices are not sent to students or to families.
Tufts and Study Abroad Students
- Create a login or use your existing credentials to access our Student Information System (SIS). Current students, click on the "Classes" tab and then "Summer Activation"
- After registration, summer tuition and fees will be added to your student account.
- Tufts students will receive an email payment request at their University address. All others will receive an invoice at the email address on their application.
- For non-credit Workshops, including SMFA Continuing Education, register and pay through our Summer enrollment site
- To register, add your workshop(s) of choice to your cart and check-out following the simple registration and payment process.
- Please note that payment for these workshops will be due in full to guarantee your seat in the course and can be paid through the open enrollment site.
Visiting Students (except study abroad programs)
- Visiting students will register and pay through our Summer enrollment site
- To register, add your course(s) of choice to your cart and check-out following the simple registration and payment process. Complete your check out process by using a credit card to pay in full, a deposit, or request an invoice. (Please note that invoices will not be issued for SMFA classes. Payment is due at registration.)
- Please note that payment for these workshops will be due in full to guarantee your seat in the course and can be paid through the enrollment site.
- Admitted students may reserve their seat by submitting a non-refundable deposit. Until a deposit is received, the student is not guaranteed a spot in the program. Final payment for programs can be made through your application account.
Current Tufts Students: Your Tufts Summer Tuition & Fee Invoice
Tufts University issues all student bills electronically using eBill, through Higher One. eBill is only accessible through the Student Information System (SIS) portal. You may invite other individuals (such as your parents) to view or pay the eBill by adding them as an "invited viewer" in the SIS portal (http://go.tufts.edu/inviteviewers). Tufts eBills are issued weekly (if you have new charges) and monthly (if you have an outstanding balance). Students and invited bill viewers will receive an email notice whenever an eBill is posted.
To view or pay your eBill
- Log into your SIS account (students and invited viewers)
- Click on the Bills & Balances tab
- Select "My eBill" or "Make Payment"
Please note that the Bills & Balances tab in SIS provides the most up-to-date summer tuition and fee charges based on your registration.
If you have questions about your bill, charges, or how to pay, please contact Tufts Student Services at 617-841-6247 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paying Your Bill
After registration and confirmation, you will be notified via email that charges have posted to your student account at the Tufts Student Information System site (go.tufts.edu/sis). You will need a Tufts User ID and Password to access this information.
Payment in full (including previous balances) is due upon notification of summer tuition and fee charges, but no later than the first day of the course session. Any previous outstanding balances must be paid at that time as well.
Payment made on or after the first day of the course session is considered late, and balances are subject to a late payment fee and/or other penalties and action (including withdrawal).
|Way to Pay||Accepted Form of Payment||Notes|
|Pay Online||Visa, MasterCard, Discover||
|Pay Using Tufts eBill||Check or Electronic Check||
|Mail a Check to Tufts||Check||
|Pay in Person||Visa, MasterCard, Discover, check, and money orders||
Visit Tufts Student Services at
Please note: the Tuition Payment Plan (administered by SallieMae(R) and described at the Student Financial Services website) is NOT an option for clearance of summer tuition and charges.
Your Responsibility to Pay
It is your responsibility to pay your Tufts University summer tuition and fees on-time. Tufts University will post your charges to SIS and Tufts eBill, but it is important to understand that if you submit registration in the days just prior to the start of the summer session, charges may not post immediately. This does not reduce your obligation to clear your balance by no later than the first day of the course session.
It is a policy of Tufts University that non-attendance is not an indication of withdrawal. If you do not attend your summer course or courses, and/or you do not drop or officially withdraw from your summer enrollment, you will continue to be charged for the course, and you will retain your academic responsibilities to the course. Please click here for more information on how to officially withdraw from a course.
Any account balance that remains on or after the first day of the course session with a summer and/or a prior balance is subject to additional administrative action by the Office of Student Financial Services.
Such actions include, but are not limited to:
- Late Payment Fee (1.5% of the balance, compounded monthly)
- A registration hold
- A withdrawal of registration
- Transfer of balance to a collection agency (with all collection and service fees accruing to the student and a report made to the credit bureau)
If an outside scholarship or third party billing credit is not reflected on your statement, written documentation from the funding source must be submitted to Tufts Student Financial Services, Attention: Third Party Billing. Documentation should include the name and address of the sponsor, amount of the award, method of payment, and billing instructions, if required.